Dr. Baehr says, "Specifically, how are you using electronic style sheets in one or more of your single-sourcing project deliverables? What tools or technologies are you using or planning to use?"
This blog posting will serve two purposes: documenting the real time date of the completion of this work and answering the question.
The title of this posting is dated "real time date (syllabus date)". I will go back and update other blog posts with real time dates and information where appropriate; updated information text will be in yellow.
My single-sourcing project deliverable for 1/2, with 2 being an annotated bibliography of science journal articles about human papillomavirus (HPV) in males, has changed from my original idea of creating a presentation website, to something that hasn't clearly formed in my mind. I am hesitant to write this post because of my lack of information, but lack of information is still information and a state that will soon remedy itself. I am out of sync with the questions asked and process of relearning and rethinking what project I can do in XML that will best aide my thesis. Continued hard word on my XML Scripting Project will soon have my learning curve at the slope needed to decide about this project.
My XML Scripting assignment is a list of URLs of subject specific websites about HPV, each assigned the value of the date the website was created or last updated; creating this list makes it tempting to create another for the 1/2 projects just because of the much higher probability that I will learn XML if I continue making lists. Writing code repetitively every day is the only way I'll learn it. The same is true for me with math and physics, so my objective with this project may be learning XML over creating something for my thesis.
One possibility for an XML based single-sourcing project that could help me write my thesis is another annotated bibliography of all the websites I am surveying for my thesis. Websites aren't so difficult to summarize as science journal papers because off the huge difference in the knowledge of respective audiences, and therefore the level of the information; since an annotated bibliography of science journal articles means reading and comprehending these papers, a most challenging task even for the pros, taking on a much less challenging first project seems wise. I think I will know more clearly if this is a good project for me by the end of this week, May 15th, after nearly completing the XML Scripting project, due May 26th. At that time I will come back and update this posting as well, at the end of the post, in visible, yellow text.
A brief note here about my work information platform supporting my portfolio for this class: CISER, my work center on the TTU campus, uses Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 (WSS 3.0) and SharePoint Designer as the editor. It functions as an XML editor; we also operate in Tier 5 of the TTU Master Template. This template uses the electronic style sheet CSS.
To be continued.
July 18, 2011
After an unprecedented delay, the first project identified here as an XML-based annotated bibliography of ten public websites about HPV from government, industry, and NPO sectors, is still in progress with a due date of July 22, 2011. This project has become my 2nd project due to extreme time constraints after I became unavoidably involved in the need to begin reading science journal papers about HPV in order to completed my journal article annotated bibliography by the newly established date. I hope I will be able to complete this project in XML; however, if time and skill are lacking, and Dr. Baehr agrees, I may turn this project into a wikipage in SharePoint.
July 19, 2011
After an unsuccessful attempt at creating my annotated bibliography of ten public websites in XML/CSS or XML/XSLT, I decided on the wikipage in SharePoint and so I can focus on the content of the project. The URL for this wikipage is http://www.ciser.ttu.edu/hhmi/thesismodel/engl5387/ssprojectformatweb.aspx
This blog posting will serve two purposes: documenting the real time date of the completion of this work and answering the question.
The title of this posting is dated "real time date (syllabus date)". I will go back and update other blog posts with real time dates and information where appropriate; updated information text will be in yellow.
My single-sourcing project deliverable for 1/2, with 2 being an annotated bibliography of science journal articles about human papillomavirus (HPV) in males, has changed from my original idea of creating a presentation website, to something that hasn't clearly formed in my mind. I am hesitant to write this post because of my lack of information, but lack of information is still information and a state that will soon remedy itself. I am out of sync with the questions asked and process of relearning and rethinking what project I can do in XML that will best aide my thesis. Continued hard word on my XML Scripting Project will soon have my learning curve at the slope needed to decide about this project.
My XML Scripting assignment is a list of URLs of subject specific websites about HPV, each assigned the value of the date the website was created or last updated; creating this list makes it tempting to create another for the 1/2 projects just because of the much higher probability that I will learn XML if I continue making lists. Writing code repetitively every day is the only way I'll learn it. The same is true for me with math and physics, so my objective with this project may be learning XML over creating something for my thesis.
One possibility for an XML based single-sourcing project that could help me write my thesis is another annotated bibliography of all the websites I am surveying for my thesis. Websites aren't so difficult to summarize as science journal papers because off the huge difference in the knowledge of respective audiences, and therefore the level of the information; since an annotated bibliography of science journal articles means reading and comprehending these papers, a most challenging task even for the pros, taking on a much less challenging first project seems wise. I think I will know more clearly if this is a good project for me by the end of this week, May 15th, after nearly completing the XML Scripting project, due May 26th. At that time I will come back and update this posting as well, at the end of the post, in visible, yellow text.
A brief note here about my work information platform supporting my portfolio for this class: CISER, my work center on the TTU campus, uses Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 (WSS 3.0) and SharePoint Designer as the editor. It functions as an XML editor; we also operate in Tier 5 of the TTU Master Template. This template uses the electronic style sheet CSS.
To be continued.
July 18, 2011
After an unprecedented delay, the first project identified here as an XML-based annotated bibliography of ten public websites about HPV from government, industry, and NPO sectors, is still in progress with a due date of July 22, 2011. This project has become my 2nd project due to extreme time constraints after I became unavoidably involved in the need to begin reading science journal papers about HPV in order to completed my journal article annotated bibliography by the newly established date. I hope I will be able to complete this project in XML; however, if time and skill are lacking, and Dr. Baehr agrees, I may turn this project into a wikipage in SharePoint.
July 19, 2011
After an unsuccessful attempt at creating my annotated bibliography of ten public websites in XML/CSS or XML/XSLT, I decided on the wikipage in SharePoint and so I can focus on the content of the project. The URL for this wikipage is http://www.ciser.ttu.edu/hhmi/thesismodel/engl5387/ssprojectformatweb.aspx
No comments:
Post a Comment