Tuesday, April 27, 2010

ENGL 5387 Progress Report 7.18.11 (4.19.10)

Dr. Baehr says, "From Hackos' list of lessons learned review questions under item 7 on pp. 585-6, briefly answer each of the six short questions."

1. What did I do right?

I read the text and all class materials and prepared for class; I communicated with Dr. Baehr when my schedule was derailed due to unpredictable circumstances; I stayed in the class participating until the end leaving projects undone, but still showed up; I perseverd to complete this class; I changed the scope of my projects because over time I realized I wanted to deal with information about/to males and HPV, and not about HPV information provided by Planned Parenthood.

2. What could I do better?

I must write at least 15 sentences a day, every day, because I am a writer. When I stop, the buildup starts to accumulate and anxiety levels begin to rise, which have the effect of paralysis and writer's block. Better to hammer away every day and enjoy time away from writing more because that time will be less.

3. Where did the process not work?

The process can't overcome some life events. Some life events derail the best laid plans.

4. How can I build on the actions that led to success?

The actions that build success for me is really just one: write every single day. Unless half dead, write every day.

5. How can I change the actions that caused problems or failures?

I can't since they were circumstances out of my control.

6. What would I do if I had no barriers?

I would research my subject extensively, continuing to update my annotated bibliographies, and when I feel I know everything I need to know, I would continue on with my thesis. If I didn't have to work, I'd work on it 12 hours a day until I was done. I prefer to become manic with a project like this, totally single-minded, until I own the subject and the project is done. Then, I'm ready to defend.

No comments:

Post a Comment