Dr. Baehr says, "As you move towards production and delivery of your single-sourcing projects, what items are on your 'punch list' or 'hit list'? Be as detailed as possible."
My XML-based single sourcing project is not done, and is the only major item on my hit list. My strategy was to first ask Dr. Baehr for permission to complete the project in the familiar environment of a SharePoint wiki page if I find I can't produce the XML annotated bibliography of my 10 websites reviewed in my XML-scripting exercise over the next 3 days. As I went about this day, polishing the my annotated bibliography for my 35 peer reviewed science papers, writing the abstract for and submitting my XML-scripting exercise, and updating and writing new progress reports, I have also been reflecting on the XML-based project. I can do it because it requires only formatting the script into APA references style for internet sites and adding text that ties internet articles back to my recently finished bibliography and legacy document from my virlogy class. I am finding I can write the text easily enough because my interest in the subject is passionate and real. I can remember this science because it fascinates me. The social implications of this research are just as fascinating, revolving around human sexual practices and obvious double standards for testing for a disease.
Last on my hit list is to go through all the other Quick Launch menu items in my class portfolio website and update them to reflect any changes from this latest deviation of schedule and/or deliverables for the class. I am hoping that none of those entries involve changing the XML-based single-sourcing project to a wiki page.
July 19, 2011
I find I can't complete the web-based single-sourcing project in XML; I have created a wiki page for this project in SharePoint, using the TTU Master Template at http://www.ciser.ttu.edu/hhmi/thesismodel/engl5387/ssprojectformatweb.aspx
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment