Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Updated Podcast on YouTube

I discovered a glaring and annoying grammatical Latin error throughout my website and podcast: I am not a TTU/HHMI Alumni Scholar. I am a TTU/HHMI Alumnus Scholar. All of us together are Alumni Scholars. Try saying "TTU/HHMI Featured Alumnus Scholar". It doesn't sound right, but it is.

I was required to reshoot the beginning and ending of the podcast, donning the much reviled red sweater and grey pants I had sworn to burn, and perform once more. Fortunately, I had watched the video so many times that I was able to do the entire reshoot in one take once I was able to project my voice consistently with my manner of speech in the original video. I also was able to remove the annoying door-slamming sound from the original video by taping a wad of paper towels in the doorstop for the latest video.

Here's the new URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTKhtFboL6E

2 comments:

  1. When I read this, I started to laugh because all these doctoral students in ENGLISH read your page and missed the grammar error too. Actually, alumni, alumnus, alumna, alumnae,... I can never keep those straight!

    Glad that you caught that and corrected it. And I'm SO impressed that you did the entire reshoot in one take! WOW!

    Did you photograph the wad of paper towels for the future...so you can laugh and share that brilliance with your grandchildren some day? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I used the paper towels to clean up the coffee I spill everyday down the front of whatever I'm wearing...I accessorize with coffee...how about you? I wear a lot of brown.

    ReplyDelete