My "under construction" website can be found at:
http://www.ciser.ttu.edu/hhmi/alumni/featured.aspx
Where is the podcast? Eventually, it will pop up with a mouseover and click on my region in the photo.
The navigation issue of how to get back to the HomePage has been resolved. Just click on Featured Alumni Scholar on the left quick launch menu.
I've also taken off the "Melody's" in the left pop out menu to include just "Biography" instead of "Melody's Biography".
The bottom of the photo on the HomePage now sports the names of all the people in the background re Dr. Rice's advise.
And speaking of the photo, I'm most interested in your critique of this feature. My team love the blurring of the Undergraduate Research Scholars (URS) Nick, Katrina, and Josh. In their minds, this is a metaphor for the first URS (me) and current URS as well as a navigation tool of obvious mouseovers you click on. But I'm sort of wondering if other viewers of this site, which will mostly be Alumni Scholars (400), current Scholars (~50), and prospective Scholars (unknown) will react negatively when they see that the "3" are blurred.
If I remove the blurring, will the audience know to look for mouseovers? My team are concerned that without some kind of visual clue, the mouseovers are not intuitive, and therefore I'd have to add some text about "Click on Images" along with the names of the people in the photo.
My thing is that I don't want to ruin the discovery of the mouseovers, or the brain teaser contained in the brain section mouseover on my desk. It's fun to find that kind of stuff on your own! I think adding the text "click on images" ruins the fun.
Also, the quick launch items are all text right now, but photos are coming soon.
Thanks for your feedback!
Melody
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment