Dr. Rice submitted student podcasts from the ENGL 5376 online class to the Texas Tech University Regional Podcasting Tournament. Doug Hamman, College of Education, TTU, organized a regional podcasting tournament in Spring 2009. Voting through iTunes.ttu.edu was anonymous. Winners were announced Thursday, May 14. Winners' submissions are forwarded to a national competition held by Tennessee State.
Six top winners were listed, with the TTU/HHMI Featured Alumnus Scholar podcast taking first place.
Here's a link to the Tech Announcement: http://techannounce.ttu.edu/Client/ViewMessage.aspx?MsgId=99195 and the announcement itself:
The top six finishers in Tech’s first-ever podcasting tournament were identified yesterday: Melody Wainscott, Brett Oppegard, Marcy Ventle, Kamie Allmon, Christopher Andrews and Justin Burris. These participants from graduate courses in English and Education entered a podcast related to a course concept from the Spring 2009 semester. The winners will now be forwarded to the “national” tournament founded by Bob Bradley at Tennessee State University (Nashville) and the Digital Media Sandbox Consortium's Governor's Challenge. The DMSC Governor's Challenge is hosted this year at East Tennessee State University.. Congratulations to Tech’s winners! Visit http://www.tnsandbox.com/site.php for more information about the Digital Media Sandbox, the National Podcasting Tournament, and signing up to be a judge. Future tournaments are planned for the Fall 2009 and Spring 2010 semesters. For more information about upcoming events at Tech, contact Doug Hamman (doug.hamman@ttu.edu) and Rich Rice (r.rice@ttu.edu). A special “thanks” to Cory Chandler his assistance. Wreck ‘em Tech!!
Here 's a link to the podcast on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTKhtFboL6E
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations on winning the podcast contest, Melody. Rich sent the email to my TTUHSC email address, which I didn't know existed, so I didn't get the list of winners until last week. Not surprised that you won--your podcast was great.
ReplyDeleteHope you are doing well. I tried to call you when I got home from Lubbock (a horribly stressful trip), but I missed you! Thanks for meeting us for dinner--I know you are busy!